»

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sick and Tired

I'm not in the mood to write a long, in depth post. As a result, I'm going to keep this short, sweet, and to the point.

- I'm hurting.

- Today was the first time I've cried in a VERY long time.

- I'm sick and tired of always having to sit in the "backseat." Continuously, I'm forced to be "the guy friend," or "the brother." It's old and to the point where I'm starting to feel resentment.

- I'm so tired of putting myself out there only to get shut down or ignored.

- I'm tired of seeing others enjoy the company of a significant other while I sit here "by myself." I hate to generalize, but this is my experience. Woman continue to request the blessing of a promising man, who won't do her wrong; however, they consistently ignore these gentleman. The asshole, athlete, douche-bag, player, and deadbeat continue to get chosen due to their initial allure, which seems to be almost always connected to money or aesthetics.

- I would be a fool to not acknowledge the people around me, and to not be thankful for the friendships that I've established. I do thank God for those relationships everyday, as without them I wouldn't be who I was today. Nevertheless, altruistic friendships are not enough. The need for passion, intimacy, and commitment cannot be ignored.

1 comments:

Wry Beauty said...

J, I feel you. You know I do. After our COUNTLESS late night conversations about relationships, love, significant others, etc, I've come to a conclusion. You have not found a woman who is worthy of you yet.

I have told you this before because I am tired of you pining after a woman who does not deserve you at ALL. No woman who deserves you will put you to the side, you would not come second. It is time to put that time and effort elsewhere.

As always, I say this because I love you like crazy and I just want you to appreciate your worth. You are the one person I know I can come to even in the middle of the night and get a clear answer while I'm indecisive about anything. It's my turn to be that clear backup for you.

You are an amazing man. You are so sweet and loving, any woman would be blessed to have you. PLEASE appreciate your worth. You have taken the time to become such a phenomenal black man, understand that it takes time to find a phenomenal woman to meet your needs.