I feel swindled, hoodwinked, bamboozled: just plain lied too.
I’ve made a conscious agreement with myself to get back into the habit of eating well and exercising. Anyone who’s dieted or started “eating well” will tell you that sometimes it gets a little boring eating “healthy” food. So, I figured I would treat myself to something special, today. After class I stopped at Quizno’s and looked for some healthy options. I decided to go with the Oven Roasted Turkey. It sounds harmless, right? The sandwich is dressed with turkey, tomato, mayo, and lettuce. I would eat half now and the other half for another meal.
I get home and decided to check out the nutrition facts on quizno’s.com. Let me tell you, Quizno’s and Subway have us fooled. They market their sandwiches as an alternative to burgers and fries: healthy and nutritious. Subway flaunts Jared. These bitches are straight up lying. The oven Roasted Turkey sandwich I bought: 1,330 calories, 770 calories from fat, 86 grams of fat, 3330 mg of salt. WHAT KIND OF GARBAGE IS THAT!? I’m out here thinking I found a healthy alternative, when I’m eating just as I would at a McDonalds. Hell, at least it would’ve tasted better there. I am highly disappointed! I urge all of you to be cautious of what you eat, it may not be that it seems. Take a look at the Subway and Quizno’s nutrition facts. Prepare to be alarmed!
Quizno's Nutrition Facts
(Quizno's doesn't put their complete nutrition table on their webpage, so I had to get it from another website)
Subway's Nutrition Facts
Monday, May 19, 2008
UGH PISSED!
Posted by Tha_Dooley at 12:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment