»

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Infection

Someone, please call the paramedics!
Nine-one-one: I need your assistance.

I’ve contracted a mean disease and it festers inside.
Highly infectious, immutable– visceral
I fear there is no cure.

The Lady in Red engaged me in a dance– A tango
Instant affinity: Emotion reverberated between us.
The scarlet scintillation reflected from her eyes and
pierced my heart.

Point of infection.

The pathogen grows exponentially;
slowly taking over my being.
It ravages my body – pillages my heart.

Nine-one-one: I need your assistance.
Someone, please call the paramedics!

I cannot shake this fever: passion,
commitment, intimacy - jealousy.

I’ve contracted a mean disease and it festers inside.
I fear there is no cure

4 comments:

ZACK said...

I called 911...but because you're black they didn't take me seriously.

Just kidding. :)

[Nice mixture of blogging and poetry or blogetry]

Tha_Dooley said...

Thanks a lot! I had fun writing this piece.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
K.I.M said...

I called 911 and your cure picked up...YES HER! I enjoyed reading this...I can understand, I'm infected with the same thing...smh...what are we going to do?