I could have cried, last night. It was a sad day in history.
I was surfing the internet when my computer began to freak out. Randomly, it decided to it shut itself down, and froze in the process. "No, biggie. It'll be alright," I told myself. I quickly restarted my seven month old Macbook Pro. My previously pristine computer went through it's normal boot screens and froze again. "Crap," I said to myself! Instantly, I got nervous. After doing some research, and having one of the university's I/T people inspect my computer, I came to learn that there's an issue with my hard drive. Of course my computer revealed that information, after the fact, by flashing a picture of a folder with a question mark on it.
At this point, I'm glad I learned my lesson in the past. Prior to purchasing my Mac, I had this really bad Compaq: the motherboard fried. It cost a hundred or so dollars to have all the information on my PC backed up. Then, I had to deal with those scheming technicians at Best Buy's "Geek Squad." I will never do that again! Not to long after the incident with my Compaq, I bought an external hard drive and began to back up all my information it. My Mac was no exception. With the help of "time machine" I began to save my information VERY FREQUENTLY! Moreover, I purchased the 3 year warranty with my mac. Apple's are an investment! They ARE pricey, but they do their job well... Unforeseen, random, mishaps like this are the exception.
I sit here, on the library's weak ass PC (lol), feeling pretty good about this whole ordeal. My information is safe and my machine is on a warranty. I don't think I could be in better shape. I just hope it doesn't take a million years for my Mac to return. It's like my child!
Friday, July 11, 2008
A Sad Day In Computer History
Posted by Tha_Dooley at 8:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dude, I feel yo pain!!!
I'm sending you a prayer cloth for your computer. LMAO!!!!!
But seriously, Macs are known to go defunct for no reason at all. It's their sick way of getting you to buy the latest model. That goes for cell phones, cars, and even women.
Okay...just kidding about cars.
Hey my aunt is one of those "Geek squad" people! LMAO...sorry about your MAC's rush to the emergency lol...my deepest sympathy
Post a Comment