Well, it’s finally over.
I’ve finally reached a sound place in my heart, within this giant mess. For the last seven months or so, I’ve been tangled in a giant web of passion: an issue of the heart. For those of you aren’t aware of what’s going on, I suggest you read this:
"Shit Hit The Fan"
I’ve been attempting to seek a resolution to this situation for a while. I’ve meditated, prayed, the whole nine. My solution came to me during a conversation with Melissa, nonetheless. It all began with me bringing up this quote, “Never make someone a priority that makes you an option.” I randomly encountered that somewhere on the internet, and came in contact with it again while watching TV. We meditated on the quote, the events thus far, and I realized what I had to do: withdraw myself from this incident all together. As much as I want to wait, I won’t do it anymore. That’s not to say that I don’t have the ability to do so, it’s just not the right move. I believe that if we’re supposed to be together, it’ll happen, but right now, I have to let her go. It’s really hard, as I have a genuine love for this girl, but it needs to be done.
I feel like I should be pissed about all this, but I’m really not. I’m leaving this situation with tons more than I had entering it: a solid friendship, a league of wisdom, and more courage. At least I’m not totally empty handed. I think it’s awesome that I’ve had an opportunity to experience “true love.” You know how many people never have this experience? I know that sometime in the near future I will find someone. You know I’ll keep you all posted.
Melissa Antoinette Clarke: The first love of my life. Thanks for the ride!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Unrequited Love: The Resolution
Posted by Tha_Dooley at 9:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Very eloquent, Mr. Dooley.
I've never had that special girl before, so I can't relate to how you feel. But you seem at peace with it.
I'm just mad that you put the girl's entire REAL NAME on the Internet, so when jobs go to google her name....
(you know the rest)
LOL!
Good post!
Dooley, you my boy and I'm proud at how well you are taking the situation. But Zack is right, you had to put her whole name out there? Lol. But any way...She's not the first and she won't be the last, trust me. Emerging adulthood is all about finding out what you want from partners, what you can deal with & can't deal with in relationships, and etc. You live and you learn. Most times that first one isn't THE ONE. And if they are, you gotta try more than one flavor to be sure that first one is IT. You love something/someone let them go and if they come back they are yours and always have been, but if they don't they never were. Let go and let God. It's out of your control. You did all you could. I got madd love for you Dooley :-)
I'm mad you just quoted our textbook, lol!!
Well I didn't have the text book so I plead the fifth on the plagiarisms! The book stole my thoughts! That's my story and I'm sticking to it lol.
Post a Comment